Sunday, May 1, 2022

The Hero Within

Nobody is coming to save you, nobody but you. The moment you realise the importance of yourself, that moment when you look in the mirror and in your mind you say to yourself that you're going to be there for yourself, is a very powerful moment, cause in that moment you have decided that you have your own back without depending on any other. In that moment you have decided to take complete responsibility for yourself, to get you, to the place you truly wish to be in life. Not all moments are bursting with joy and happiness, peace and calm. It's a thunder storm sometimes and emotions rise up like giant waves and you go crashing through life. Sometimes the sun is up and the waters are calm and you're in your element cruising through life effortlessly. Sometimes the sun gets too hot and your stranded in a barren period in your life where you feel stuck, feeling sunk in despair and your motivation at the lowest. Sometimes life is grey with no colour and excitement and you're drifting through life in a routine that doesn't inspire. Life is such a mixture of events making you feel in a certain way at different point in life and even at different times in a day. How long are you going to let the environment control you? How long are you going to let your life be taken away in chucks not even knowing that you could have had a different life altogether. Remember, you are a promise that needs to be kept, to no one but you. And there is no way you will reach that point where you look in the mirror and tell yourself that, yes, this is it, I'm going to find my own way and be my own man. Until, this happens naturally, and it happens naturally to a few who have experienced dire disappoints, failure, pain, rejection or even a life threatening illness. For the rest maybe you are already living the grand life, but, what about the ones that are just drifting through life thinking and believing in their mediocrity. To them I say you ought to make a very conscious decision, you gotta look deep into the reflection looking back at you from the mirror and truly believe that, you are more than you can ever imagine. A mystery that  must be solved and revealed to the world, and most importantly to yourself.

Nobody is coming to save you, trust me on that and even if they come they can only help you or try to inspire you, the real saving has to be done by you. Only the best version of yourself can provide the best life for yourself and then for your loved ones, family, society and the world. A mediocre version of you cannot provide that and lets not even go to the lowest version of yourself. The quality of you, will reflect in all aspects of your life. The more refined you are the more refined your life will be. But before you even start to embark on any life changing journey you really have to look deep and ask the question why you want to do it the first place. It could be for wealth, power, fame or all the above or it could be for noble causes. If you ask me, I'll say it's for true freedom. I am a free man now, nobody has any influence or authority over me but yet I feel I'm not truly free, I'm not free from my emotions that sometimes arrests my true growth. Old programming that actually means nothing, but that has taken over my belief systems that cripple me from my true strengths. I wish to be truly free, and every-time I imagine this, I visualise myself driving a convertible and the wind rushing through my hair and I feel so free, and then I feel like I got wings and I can fly to any destination. I wish to sail through the turbulence of my emotions effortlessly being the bad ass that sails through the mountainous waves that try to engulf me, through the thickest of storms and the rain and the thunder that comes crashing from above me. I want to feel every emotion and receive it joyously and make my way to my dreams effortlesly. To feel all emotions but be free of it, so it doesn't cage me in my body but actually becomes my wings that sets me free.

Nobody is coming to save you, you can keeping waiting but the only thing that is going to happen is old age. To inspire you need to be the inspiration, and most times what we want is to inspire ourselves and look back at life and tell the old scared person we were "See, I told you so". What you truly wish is to astonish your own self and be able to look back in life with such amazment of your accomplishments. It is possible, it is so very possible I assuringly tell you, dream and just keep working on it. You are more than a lump of flesh with a name, you are magical in ways you are yet to understand. Why is it so easy for people to believe in God, when the only source of his existence comes from holy books. But you are so alive and happening now if you slapped yourself hard it would hurt right but yet believing in yourself seems impossible. Most of us put our complete faith in God, I'd say put it in yourself and then you'll start seeing and feeling what God truly is. Don't think I'm honeypotting you to believe some fantasy, no, I'm not saying its going to be a walk in the park, no it's not, but you are going to feel completely different about life and the challenges your going to face. You are going to feel truly alive in ways I cannot begin to describe. This is something everyone must experience, imagine the difference we all would make for ourselves, our families, our community, nation and then for the world. Our lives must have this ultimate aim for doing something for the world, cause without the planet being alive you wouldn't have the experience of life in the first place. We are the only intelligent life form in this planet, that can truly help this mother who has abundantly provided for us. Such compassion cannot come from a mindset that is trapped in a mind that doesn't even belong to itself but is just a mirror of all around him. A sheep that follows the flock mimicking the ones around them. I don't mean any disrespect but isn't it what it is.

Nobody is coming to save you but the hero that is trapped within you. You might think he is asleep but you're wrong he is the only reason you are still holding to that hope. All you need to do is give him permission to come forth from the bottom of your soul, help him out to win the fight from within and when he emerges he'll help you win in the physical world. We are all heroes, maybe you just don't know it yet, you ought to let go of that steering wheel you hold so tightly out of the fear that, if you let go you would crash. The steering wheel resembling the direction of your life and the fear symbolising you. If you could let go of the fear of who you truly can become, you would understand what I am truly trying to say. Most of us dream big things but the moment it begins to happens we cower and run, because you are afraid how you will handle it by yourself. Most times we are afraid of our own success, I know it sounds stupid but weirdly it is true. It is true because you do not want to leave your current comfort zone cause you think you might lose it and then you begin to control how your success should happen to you and not making any effort to get there. We sacrifice all what we can become, for comforts that are keeping us trapped in a tight space, not knowing that the space which we are defending so aggressively will only get bigger, only if you would have believed in your self and moved forward. We all have that hero within us dying to come out and steer our lives in the direction it should be truly heading, listen to his voice, because nobody is coming to save you, nobody can save you from yourself, but him, and only he can set you truly free.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

In My Silence

I've been looking for you, you who I've been staring at the mirror But every time I think I'm close you only seem more distant t...