Friday, June 24, 2022

Only You


I didn't know she was a thief,
I didn't know she came to steal
It didn't seem she was like them types
Who'd come to play games and spend the nights
Too much of her has been broken 
She's lost her faith and now she's in ruins
Too much of her has been taken
She always stares at herself in the mirror wondering why she's always mistaken
She carries the brokenness from her past 
All men she hates quietly in her heart 
Her beauty has become her curse, as after her body all men thirst
Her heart turned cold and then to stone
Losing faith in man she took matters into her hand
Her hate fueled her revenge and out for her honor she avenged
She used her curse as her strength and broke the pride of many men
She had them dancing around her in circles
While she took what she lost and broke them until they were cornered
Drunk in her newfound power she thought she had won
Only to find she was alone in the world still wanting to be loved

What plans, the universal mind makes no one knows
But beauty is all what you can see everywhere around in the cosmos
She too was such a plan, while she roamed unknowingly with her troubles in her hand
Her destiny was such that she would be sent to scheme on a kind young man
While she tried to break him, nothing seemed to work on him like the other lads
There was something about his eyes, he was kind and very wise
He always stayed calm and composed and accepted her troubles as his own
He tamed the wild emotions in her which she couldn't control
Something about him was so mysterious, and everything about him made her curious
He just seemed to see her as she once was and gave her the respect she had lost
And without asking he healed her heart, quietly and silently he nursed her troubled heart
The hate that plagued her heart was silenced
There was peace and calm and no sign of violence
She stared at the mirror with disbelief as a smiled cracked on her face for only love she could feel
Life is like this she thought to herself for only you were meant to be mine and no one else
Only you could change the brokenness in me, only you could see the beauty in me
The once cursed heart was now blessed with a blissful feeling 
And like all stories her life began to have meaning

There's only you and you alone for me
Without you there's no place called home for me
Only you make me feel like it's ok to be me
Because only you need me as me
You taught me that I'm enough, as I am
Your contentment makes me full of happiness when I'm sad
You exposed the truth and set me free 
Just when I felt like I should give up you gave hope to me
All the hurt and the pain of my past makes sense
Only now do I see the value of who I am from the values you gave me instead
You made me whole as whole as I can be
Only you made me, see me, for what I am and could be














3 comments:

In My Silence

I've been looking for you, you who I've been staring at the mirror But every time I think I'm close you only seem more distant t...